Deciding to live life outside of what others consider to be the “norm” can feel like swimming upstream, jumping waterfalls and lying exhausted on the edge of the bank… just like the salmon.
- I think we’re going to the moon because it’s in the nature of the human being to face challenges. It’s by the nature of his deep inner soul… we’re required to do these things just as salmon swim upstream. Neil Armstrong
- Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream. W.C.Fields
- My life is what a salmon must feel like. They are always going upstream, against the current. Laura Schlessinger
- Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. Sam Walton
- Throw your net on the other side of the boat; take the message of the good news to the Gentiles; be kind to your enemies and pray for them; seek not the things of the world, which rust and can be stolen, but seek first the Kingdom of God and store up treasures in Heaven. Jesus Christ